In episode 31, we talk with Brian Wahl about his early Oct 2014 trip with family including Art of Animation, Halloween Party and Anna and Elsa greetings.
What was Disney World thinking trading Off Kilter for a Lumberjack show?
I trash the lumberjack show on Twitter.
Fire at Dwarf train.
Disney geeks are the best people!
Two downloads from Sweden! Cool
Donate to Alison Pollack Carmichael charity.
Heather Brainerd’s video of TOT and Shaning.
Tony McDaniel and his pretty wife at O’hana. Nice job with profile pic and shrimp.Teasing about marrying up.
Guest Brian Wahl’s Trip Report
http://www.traveltimetravel.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/bwahl10
Wednesday, October 8 Arrival
– Check in Art of Animation
– Check in Art of Animation
– Pool hopping (music under water) dinner in food court
– Size of the food court compared to Wilderness Lodge
Thursday, October 9 Magic Kingdom & MNSSHP
– EMH, loved the Halloween decorations
– Didn’t love the construction walls (theme for the week)
– 10 attractions before lunch
– Jacks first trip on Space Mountain (2x!)
– Fairy Dust at BBB
– Lunch at Be Our Guest (used FP+, next time preorder)
– 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (Leah’s first coaster)
– Ice cream sandwich at The Plaza…Holy Huge Sandwich!
– Back to hotel for naps
– Dinner at Pecos Bills
– Trick or treating in Frontierland
– Splash Mountain/Buzz
– Dance party in Tomorrowland (Anna & Elsa)
– Watched Boo To You from the hub
– Hallowishes on the bridge to Tomorrowland
– Sweets we ate: Dole Whip Float, Ghost Cupcakes from Gastons, Candy Corn Cotton Candy, Popcorn, more Dole Whip
– Overall, perfect weather, loved the party, well worth price
Friday October 10 Hollywood Studios
– Slept in
– Toy Story
– Breakfast at Starring Rolls (VERY BUSY)
– Frozen Sing-A-Long
– Indiana Jones
– Lunch at Sci Fi (meh)
– Disney Jr., Animation Courtyard, Streets of America (nothing to do back here!)
– Lights, Motors, Action!
– Star Tours (praying for my life!) and Jack was the rebel spy…
– Call it a day (sensing meltdown city!)
Saturday October 11 Animal Kingdom
– More construction walls…yuck
– Expedition Everest (Jack’s first time), I must be getting old because these rides are eating me alive!!
– Dinoland, Dinosaur and Triceratop Spin
– Safaris, Khali, Festival of the Lion King (not overly impressed)
– Back to hotel for swimming and dinner at TRex (Downtown Disney packed, tons of construction walls)
Sunday October 12 Magic Kingdom
– Welcome show not the same without Casey Jr.
– The park literally felt busier
– Fantasyland attractions
– Ice Cream for breakfast Citrus Swirl
– Jungle Cruise
– Frontierland for BTMR
– Haunted Mansion
– Favorite new rest spot (behind Ye Ol Christmas Shop)
– Lunch on the benches (Buffalo Chicken Waffle Sandwich, Presidential Sweet, Popcorn)
– Castle Show
– Favorite overheard parent quote of the trip: “No, I don’t care what you want, we’re in Disney World! Be quiet and have fun.”
– Meeting Anna & Elsa (huge highlight for Leah and mom and dad)
– Problems with FP+, Festival of Fantasy Parade (from the steps of City Hall), AMAZING experience with a CM
– Back for naps
EMH evening at Magic Kingdom
– Dinner at The Lunching Pad (on a budget & FREE water)
– Space Mountain, 7DMT (2x) a different experience at night)
– Pirates, Country Bears, Main Street Electrical Parade from steps of Pecos (Late night snack and a FREE cupcake)
– Splash with Jack (our favorite ride)
– Slowly walk through Frontierland and Liberty Square, down Main Street (absorb that last bit of magic)
– Great weather, HEAVY crowds everywhere (not expected), great CM’s, Art of Animation a close #2 behind Wilderness (only because location), Conversations with people on the busses, in lines, etc., Obviously people aren’t doing their due diligence while planning their trips. When is the slow season????!!!!!!!